I have been tagged *L* By Fe :)
Here's the deal:
7 Random Facts I must post. So read them, comment on them & then check to see if your name is in the 7 I tag. If it is, list 7 Random Facts about yourself & pass on the tag to 7 people.
Hmmmm this is always so challenging for me *L* So let's see what I can come up with that most of you don't already know (since I am an open book anyway, right? *L*)
1. I love shooting! My fav gun is the S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum(357) although I am liking Jim's little Taurus also. AND I am a darn good shot if I do say so myself!
2. I take my pillow with me whenever I travel.
3. I love to cook, but hate cleaning up afterwards!
4. I have weird eating habits. For example I don't like my food to touch *L* unless it it a casserole, or meat and potatoes. But my veggies can not touch my other food!! I usually eat the edges of sandwiches, pizza, toast, etc first and the middle last. And I sort my M&M's by color, saving the blue ones for last, except with Reese's I eat the middle first and save the outside for last *L* Yeah I am weird!!
5. By the time I was 13 I had gone to 13 different schools, all in different towns.
6. Jim and I met online and were married 6 months after we started talking.
7. My wedding day started with a 7.1 earthquake!
Ok now who do I want to tag? How about...
So on to life and whats been up. We've been watching the fires out here in So Cal. There are at last count (6 pm news) 16 fires in Southern Cal!! We are watching the one's behind us in the mountains. The fires we can see are in the Big Bear area...Running Springs, Lake Arrowhead and all around in there. Some of these have been accidental, some arson. All I can say is I hope they catch the one responsible for the arson fires! How anyone could be so cruel, sick and uncaring is beyond me! It makes me cry seeing all that these people have lost. :( Jim had one lady comment to him at work the other day...."What's the big deal? They probably have insurance, so they can rebuild." WHAT? Well she needs to be smacked down too. How dare someone say something so....crass! The big deal is people have lost thier possessions....yes they are just 'things' but look around you...how many things could you honestly bear to lose if you had to pack up your car and head out of Dodge in a short time? You can't take it all, and you know what you don't take may not be there when you get back. Of course you would take your children, pets, important papers...but then what else? Your pictures? Your computer (after all most of us have our pictures downloaded to them and if we are scrappers a lot of us have our pages saved on them)? Special items that have been handed down from generation to generation? Seriously...look around you and then tell me that that woman's remark is not the most uncaring thing you have ever heard! I don't know about you, but I have poured my heart and soul into my home and yes it would break my heart to leave behind the things that hold a special place in my heart.
Anyway...here are some of the pictures we took from the backyard. As the crow flies the fire is roughly 12 miles away from us, so we are in no danger! Just want my family and friends in KS to know that! :)
21 hours ago